When my kids were little, I made sure that I had no big plans for the summer. No launches, no programs, no business travel.
As they grew older and wanted more space (sniff, sniff) I began filling my summer with projects. The last three summers were so busy, I had no time to enjoy the beautiful weather… or life!
So, now that I am starting over and my kids are 17 and 22 (gasp!) I decided to reclaim my summer. Business doesn’t have to stop, but I love the opportunity to slow down, dream up new ideas, and remind myself that there’s life beyond business 🙂
Here are my plans for this summer (share yours below!)…
* Develop new software. A new idea came to me a month ago and I was shocked to learn that this doesn’t exist yet! I absolutely love the creative process of sharing my vision with the programmer and seeing it become tangible!
* Complete my 2nd music piece and have it arranged for multiple instruments. I will ALWAYS make time for music and dance now!
* Get myself booked as a guest on podcasts, shows, and virtual events to talk about SIMPLICITY ENTREPRENEURSHIP – an exciting trend that allows business owners to grow and scale without sacrificing their independence and peace of mind.
* Get ready to re-open Simplicity Circle and welcome a new group of business owners I can support. I made SO many discoveries about what stops people from growing their business and what gets them become tangled in so much complexity, I can’t wait to share it with more people and help them get unstuck!
* Enjoy meeting local entrepreneurs through a new meetup group I formed, Marketing Innovation Mastermind. Heck, if I found an online entrepreneur literally in my backyard (my neighbor runs a successful podcast) there should be more of them here!
* Get rid of stuff – yard sale, baby!
* Most importantly, create space in my brain for more fresh, unique, and innovative ideas to help entrepreneurs get rid of complexity and grow through simplicity.
Now tell me about YOUR summer plans below!